Thursday, May 10, 2012

Interview of My Father

In today’s blog I’m going to give you the opinion of a country music listener. I am interviewing my father to give me his input on how he feels about country music.

My dad is 47 years old. He is a Gaston County Police Officer and has worked there for 16 years now. He played baseball in high school. After high school he joined the Marines. Then he went to Appalachian State University.

Q:
How has country music impacted your life.
A:I use country music as an escape from the chores of daily life.  I listen to country music every day while I am working.  I use the music to help me deal with the problems of everyday people.  Most of the country songs you hear on the radio, I see first hand in the lives of the people i am called to assist.


Q:How often do you listen to country music.
A:As I stated, I listen to country everyday.  It is my go to music then i lean towards southern rock because it has such country background.


Q:Do you ever think you should have pursued a career in music? And why?
A:I know I never had a chance in a career in the music industry, one reason is I can’t sing.  


Q:What’s your favorite country song?
A:I have a lot of favorite country songs but if I had to pick it would be “The Dance” by Garth Brooks with “The Chair” by George Strait being a close second.  


Q:Why do  you choose country over rock n’ roll or hip hop?
A:I think country music songs tell a story that I can relate too.  A lot of the songs I have lived and others I would like to live.  The main reason I prefer country to hip hop is that I can understand the words while they are singing the songs.   


Q:Who is your favorite country singer/singers?
A:I don’t have one favorite singer, I like the song not really the singer.  If I had to chose one singer, I would have to pick Toby Keith just for his patriotic themes and his support of the military.  As a US Marine I like how his songs let the country know who paid the price so they can play their video games and stand on the corner and trash the police and the government.


Q:Does country music ever seem to get boring to listen to? And why?
A:For the most part the music does not get boring but the order and repetitiveness of the song that the radio station plays the songs, can cause me to search the stations to find another one.





George Strait- The Chair 

No comments:

Post a Comment